Saying Goodbye


So here I sit at the airport waiting for my flight. Been an interesting start to the trip so far. My flights been delayed an hour so far so here I sit in the bar killing time with a Rickards red (actually not a bad way to kill time now that I think if it lol)

My boyfriend dropped me off at the airport and it's weird because I was fine until we got to the airport and I saw all the signs for the terminals and I realized wow this is really happening! As he dropped me off and we said our goodbyes, I started to get sentimental. I kissed him good bye and he reassured me that I was going to have an amazing time. We said I love you and as I walked away I couldn't help but keep looking back to see his car, which stayed for a bit before it drove away. It is at that point I realized this is really happening.

As I walk towards the Air Canada check-in I'm greeted by a lineup of hundreds of people all waiting to check luggage... A far cry from the somewhat romantic departure I just experienced. I waited in line behind the hundreds of people before me and then the weirdest thing happened. A guy from Air Canada comes up and says "where you going" I respond Los Angeles. He asked me if I had my boarding pass and I did, then he's like come with me... For a second I thought oh oh, I haven't even started this trip don't tell me I'm in trouble already. He takes me to another counter to the front of the line! Couldn't believe it.

So I'm all checked in, and now comes the fun part...customs..yay! (I'm being sarcastic by the way). So here I go ready to line up for another one and I line up behind this pretty girl my age who strikes up a conversation with me. We ended up chatting for about 45 mins needless to say the line up felt a lot shorter with someone to talk to. Then my turn comes up. Now is it just me or does customs ask very random questions? What do I do? Where am I going? When do I go back to work? Oh and my favorite "did you bring gifts for your family? When I answered no he looked at me like I was some kind of jerk and sent me along my way...

So here I sit still killing time with my iPad and a beer...not bad.
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment